Monday 3 December 2012

Winning EP champs 2012

So the night before EP champs it poured, I lay awake wondering what the day had in store for us, ok I will admit I lay awake and I was a bundle of nerves. By the time I got up there was blue sky and the sun was peeping through....I knew it was going to be a good day.

I bundled the dogs into the car and headed of to art in the park where the EP champs was being held.

Brandi ran like the wind in our first round, her weaves were good and we ended round 1 with the fastest clear. She had 1 hair raising point where she went a bit wide at the 3rd last jump and I was hoping to be able to pull her through 2 jumps and that she wouldnt decide just to take the wrong one. I was ecstatic as I knew that we were now in the final and had a shot at the title.

Walking the jump off course, myself and I think a few others were "shocked" at the weaves being in. We are just not used to weaves being in a jump off, and then we had to do them twice!! Brandi's weaves are good but the last couple of shows she has been breaking down in the weaves so I knew that I had to keep my head together and work like we know we can. I walked the course with a front cross before the weaves, I knew that if I didnt cross in the right place she would knock, but took the chance. She didnt knock and flew into poles. Coming out of the tunnel for the weaves a 2nd time I walked it on both sides, but felt more comfortable being on her right but that meant I would need to cross after the weaves. She came out the tunnel, I connected with her and bam she nailed the entry. A few jumps and we made it, clear. We were the 2nd last to jump so we had to wait for the last dog to jump to hear who had won. So far we were in the lead.

We won EP champs 2012, I couldnt have been happier. I was SO proud of how Brandi ran, she ran her little heart out against good competition.

Here are her 2 rounds.


Thanks Nadine Shortland for the video

Brandi and I after winning EP Dog Jumping Champs 2012



Thanks Kayleigh Heideman for the photo

Here are the 2 courses we ran




No comments:

Post a Comment