Thursday 18 July 2013

Introducing........

For a while now I have been considering a small or medium sized dog, and I've been torn between breeds...Which breed suits me? After all, we have years of working and living with the dog, and I needed something that would suit my lifestyle, personality and also have the go to work.

The Miniature American Shepherd really caught my eye. The few that I have seen working around the country have awsum drive and you can see they love to work. I spoke to a breeder regarding adding me to the list, for a puppy in the future. I was so suprised when I heard that there was 2 litters in the pipeline in the next couple of months and that I would be added to the lists. I had already decided I would not be choosing sex or colour, but preferably wanted one that really showed some spunk and nice working drive.

In the first week of May, 8 pups ( 4 from each litter ) were born. There was a little girl with lots of white on her face and I really didnt take to her. A friend asked me, if this is the puppy for you would you take her. My answer was, I really dont like her. Well as time went on the pups grew, markings changed and their personalities developed. It turned out this little girl was a little terror. She was busy, busy, busy , just what I wanted

After hearing about personalities and what they were getting up too, I started falling in love with her. I had left the decision up to the breeder as to which puppy would suit me, but deep down I was hoping she was the one.

To cut a long story short, she WAS the one.

Bounce arrived in Port Elizabeth on 7th June 2013. She has settled in nicely and is a really special little girl

Keep checking back to see her progress and follow her journey through life and training





Thank you Nadine Shortland for capturing these special moments

No comments:

Post a Comment